kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

That Karl of yours is an inspiration to us all. Thanks for the info...more

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by B B on October 17, 2000 at 23:58:08:

In Reply to: Re: No hard feelings BB, I was just fooling around.....read on... posted by Giovanni on October 17, 2000 at 19:08:45:

I hope that my Sulcatas grow to have a personality like Karl's. I would be very proud of that big bruiser! I recently went to Missouri to a small reptile park that a friend of mine owns to see his 90 lb. Sulcata. I just had to get into his enclosure to introduce myself. What a wake-up call! He would come up to me real slow with his front end held high, and then CHARGE into me to try and topple me over. The animal's strength was amazing! I had never seen or experienced anything like that before! My girlfried, Shannon, was in the enclosure with me but he had no interest in ramming her, just me! I figured that he could tell another male by scent. I have a reptile collection that will be complete with the Sulcatas. I'm no stranger to cleaning, changing, wiping, and feeding! But, it's all more than worth it! B B P.S. Thank you, Giovanni, for the picture, I think I'll print that one out and give it to Shannon, she loves Sulcatas too!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]