kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

TCC's passing, by her sister

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Natalie Lilley on March 18, 2002 at 09:06:52:

For those of you who left kind words about my sister, I thank you. Most of you knew her on a semi-personal or simply professional basis. I assure you, your impressions of her were right. Her heart was as big as they come, loving all things animal.
For those of you who chose, intentionally or not, to make her tragic passing into a "cause" for an argument, I only ask this: Take a step back, a deep breath, and choose to make this what it really is: a tragic loss, to your community and in the lives of those of us who loved her. Then leave it at that.
To set the records straight, for all the things I have seen and heard after roaming around the tort and turtle community for a day or so, Theresa ended her own life. This was not due to business conflicts that turned into something personal, as I have seen speculated. Her life, while purposeful, was filled with a deep despair that eventually took over the good. Her pain was something I would never want anyone to even try to understand.
Her presence will be missed by us all. Thank you all again for recognizing what an impact she had on the lives of so many .... people and pets alike. Her legacy.... a love for animals, a burning desire for them to be healthy and their keepers to be well educated will live on thanks to those of you.

Natalie Lilley
TCC's sister

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]