kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

ignore the ignorance, we all know what is right.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Crystal on March 18, 2002 at 08:55:35:

In Reply to: A Tribute to Theresa posted by Debbie on March 16, 2002 at 23:42:09:

: Theresa's (tcc) death is a massive loss to the turtle and tortoise community. The loss of this compassionate, loving, and unselfish woman is being felt throughout the country and will be felt for a very long time to come. The feelings of this loss will never fully ease, but Theresa's legacy will live on through eternity. Because of Theresa's dedication our turtles and tortoises are enjoying a much better quality of life because of the efforts and long hours of reasearch Tcc put into the dietary needs of these fine creatures. Our turtles and tortoises have suffered a loss that cannot ever be replaced as have us humans that struggle on a daily basis to meet the needs these creatures have.

: On a personal level, the loss is as equally daunting. Theresa was always there answering countless private emails as well as emails posted to her egroup. The African Tortoise list is a top notch group that countless people have turned to for help and information for their tortoises and because of this many animals lives have been saved. There are no politics involved here: just kind, compassionate, and understanding help offered to its members. If Tcc didn't have the answer on the top of her head she would find the answer. Theresa was on of the most encouraging and supportive person I have ever had the chance to know. Although I never met Tcc in person, it was something I really wanted to do in the future.

: Those of us that knew Tcc personally knew that her heart was always in the right place, even during conflict. She felt the need to explain herself because others did not understand at times where she was coming from or choose not to try to understand. At times she was at a loss for a way to convey her messages. Once a person gets beyond the so-called black and white of emails and perhaps comes to the realization that email can often be misread, it is clear that Tcc was not out to intentionally hurt anyone. This is so very clear with those that knew Tcc on a personal level. Theresa's first concern was with the turtles and tortoises; sometimes we as a community can lose our insights on why we do what we do and this then clouds our judgement.

: I have learned a little about myself during this tragic time and that is not to read too much into what others say on email. There is a person behind the words read in email with feelings and good intents and often this gets loss during aurguments and so does the purpose of the forums created to help those that need help in caring for their animals. Tcc was a person that had her heart and soul into helping turtles and her valuable insight has been tragically loss. It is a shame at this time we as a community cannot move past what was or I should say what was perceived and move on to remember a person that offered so much to us on a personal level and to our shelled friends. After all can't we all be confrontational and controvesial at times? We as a community need to remember Tcc for her countless hours of dedication.

: Debbie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]