kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Terre Haute, IN PetCo manager said he would not purchase his own product because of the quality

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Judi Van Horn on October 01, 2000 at 22:16:21:

In Reply to: CONTACT PETCO! posted by Chuck on February 24, 1999 at 13:38:31:

I purchased 5 fish from the Terre Haute IN. PetCo, and within 24 hours over half of my tanks population was floating on top. I only go to Terre Haute every two weeks, so I did not contact the store until I was ready to go up there. They gave me a 15 day gaurntee and when I contacted them it had only been 12 days.
My husband and I have had fish for over 9 years. We had gone 2 years rasing fancy tail guppies and had only lost one or two.
The first manager I spoke to was nice but, instantly passed the "buck" so to speak to the manager that would be there when I arrived at the store. The employee in the aquatic department tested my water and the nitrates were high, this is caused by decay. Well, when you have over 80 fish die in 12 days in your tank you are going to have decay. I was then told that the nitrate level would not cause my fish to die and it was obvious that I had done a partial water change to try and stop the problem.
The manager told her to tell me he would replace the fish I had bought from their store. Four fish in trade for the 80 some we had die. WOW was I impressed. I was even more impressed to look at the guppie tank only to find over half of what they had floating at the top of the tank just as mine were. Imagine that. I informed him I did not want any more of his diseased fish and he said he did not blame me "he would not buy them either" and yes I had a witness to this statment. As a matter of fact I had 4 witnesses.
I do not expect PETCO to replace all of the fish I have lost which is now over 100 including a very large pleco, and two silver dollars that I doubt will make it but a few more days. And even if they were willing to replace all the fish that I lost I don't know if I would trust that they were disease free after what I have seen in the Terre Haute, IN store.
After telling the manager that I wanted his managers name he became much more friendly and asked for my home phone number so he could try to contact me at a later date to make this right. I have not heard from him or his manager. Nor have I gotten a responce from the post card that I filled out and sent to his area manager.
So here it is for all to see.

Former owner of a beautifuly filled 55 gallon upright fish tank.

: http://www.petco.com

: "Thank you for visiting the PETCO Web Site. If you would like to contact us, please mail or telephone:

: PETCO Animals Supplies, Inc.

: 9125 Rehco Road

: San Diego, CA 92121

: Attention: Customer Relations

: Phone:

: (619) 453-7845

: Your comments and questions are very important to us, and we will attempt to assist you in the best way possible by directing your message to the appropriate party or department."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]