kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Reality Check...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Debbie on March 17, 2002 at 15:05:36:

Reality Check,

In "Reality" when people die it is a custom to pay tribute to the great things they did while they were on this earth. It's part of a grieving process to reflect on a persons life. When people are no longer with us, we miss them and can't forget them. Absence of a person from a community or from one's life doesn't mean we still don't feel this person close to our heart.

Theresa left us a legacy and we need to make sure this lives on for our turtles and tortoises. It is a healthy process to reflect about a life that once was and Theresa, though her life was short, did more in her short life than many do in a lifetime that spans 100 yrs.

There are many others that do offer this community alot and will continue to do so. We are not forgetting those that are still with us, but for now need to go through a greiving process ao we can move forward. Theresa did not leave us behind at all...she is still close to us. Her efforts will help us for many many years to come. I hope that when I am no longer physically on this earth I can leave something behind that will continue to help others for years after I am gone. It would be much more productive if we all stopped bashing others, especially those who are no longer with us to stand up for themselves. By the way, Reality Check, who are you? It would be nice to know to whom I am actually talking to. It is quite difficult to talk with someone I dont even know the first name of. Quite mysterious I might add.

Debbie

: People should make their tributes to people who are still here helping others and will continue to be helping for years to come, rather than those who chose to leave this community behind.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]