kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Some pyxis info

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Julie on August 28, 2000 at 07:36:48:

In Reply to: Pyxis and such. posted by EJ on August 25, 2000 at 13:42:08:

Hi E.J.,
This is information I got from the fellow who is in the process of creating the spider tortoise caresheets that will be available on the Tortoise Trust website shortly. I asked him to post something more complete here for you now, but he is very busy with other projects and gave me this preliminary information to get you and other new pyxis owners started. Keep checking the Tortoise Trust site for complete info. Here is a copy of the email he sent me:If you want to post a notice saying that you heard that the TT is working on
a care sheet for Pyxis tortoises which will be available soon, please do so.
Tell the people to feed their tortoises many different fruits, vegetables,
and even leaves and flowers off shrubs in the meantime. Chop the food up
into reasonably small pieces, and don't be afraid to experiment. These
tortoises are very secretive and are usually most active in the early
morning. Temps should be in the 85-90 range in the day, cooler at night. The
Flat tails love mushrooms.

Hope that will help somewhat.
: Anyone interested in sharing some information on these neat little animals? It seems there are quite a few folks that have had these for a little while. How about sharing some observations on the critters in your charge? I'm new to this also and don't know what I'm doing. I've got some neat observations myself which I will be posting.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]