kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

My glass hutch!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Lori on March 17, 2002 at 12:18:23:

In Reply to: Re: HAHAHAHAHAHA posted by Giovanni on March 16, 2002 at 22:43:17:

After almost giving up trying to explain the rules to these monsters I needed to pen them up. I will be building something suitable today but my husband wasn't home yesterday to help bring in cinderblocks and I have a bad wrist. I put them in
large bins (which they didn't seem to mind) until one peed. I took him out and put him down on the floor. I went to clean out the bin and when I went to find him he was under my hutch that has bar glasses. His scute caught the under part and when I pulled to get him out the entire thing pyrimided down on top of me. There was glass everywhere. Lucky these were not good glasses but the glasses I use to make candles in (my other hobby).
They seemed to have settled down today. I wish I could take them outside. It would be great to let them graze and hang out in the yard but it's too cold.
My husband lifted the large one and he guessed it to weigh around 80 pounds. That is crazy at 2.5 years old.

Lori

: : Marissa was here today and has seen the dammage. I can't believe Gio lives like this. I hope King Karl is better behaved.

: Behaved? I have to check him 3 times a day to make sure he has a pulse..lol. Other then that he's just pounding around the backyard loving life, getting in my way and following me around like a dog.

: They are just trying to acclamate I would guess. Strange surroundings and new types of cat to eat (you know that kind of stuff)I mean heck, that big at that age his diet must of consisted of cat, has he danced around the kitchen singing the "KIBBLES & BITS" song yet?...lol.

: The vet loves when I bring King Karl down because his staff just sits there in awe when I open the door, and he comes walking in. A good way to get them to follow you is by holding a collard leaf in front of them, that way you don't have to lift much.

: He's so spoiled he won't even walk around the house when he's indoors. He has a spot behind the recliner that he never moves from, pokes his head out in the morning looking at us waiting to go out.

: All that damage won't even compare to when the rivers start to flow Lori...lol. Piece of advice, get some cheap plastic drop cloths and don't vacuum urates.

: Ciao'

: Giovanni

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]