kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

SEEKING CONTRIBUTORS FOR BOOK ON INDOOR CHELONIAN ENCLOSURES

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by WL on August 19, 2000 at 10:38:52:

My book on outdoor enclosures (pens) for tortoises and turtles will be published by Green Nature Books in October 2000. I want to thank all who contributed information, though not every contributor’s data could be included.

I am now working on a book on indoor enclosures for turtles and tortoises. If you would like to contribute information, your help would be greatly appreciated. I need data and photos (from simple to elaborate for various species). As with those helping with the previous endeavor, I hope that many would be willing to “donate” information on your pens. I would need pictures of the finished pens, any pictures of its construction (if available), a description of the design, dimensions, types of turtles/tortoises housed, and any other relevant information. I would also need permission to use your information. Though, I could not offer financial compensation, you would be credited for your contributions. I am hoping that this project will result in a publication that will be valuable to others keeping chelonians outdoors.

Please do not submit information on outdoor enclosures. However, if you keep your specimens in greenhouses, or inside “sheds,” for all or part of a year, these setups could be used in a separate chapter (section) of the book. Due to space limitations, I cannot promise every picture or contribution will be
used in its entirety (or even be appropriate to include at all), but I want to make this project as comprehensive as possible. I also reserve the right to edit material to best fit the text.

Please indicate also in which state you live (climate), and if animals are housed
outside seasonally, and any notes on how you acclimate your animals when changing locations from indoors to outside.

Thanks for your help!

Wayne

If interested, please respond to labendwa@crusoe .net

I will send you a packet that will include a form permitting for me to use your information. At that time, I will obviously send you a snail mail address. Information can also be sent over through e-mail (with a permission to use statement), but I would eventually prefer to have a hard copy of your signature on a permission slip.

Finally, if you have information already published on your web site and would like to give me permission to use any photos or text from your site that is also acceptable. But, again I would still feel more comfortable with a hard copy of your permission to use the information before I include it in the text.

Thanks again.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]