kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: friendly list?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by EJ (or Ed) on August 14, 2000 at 21:25:14:

In Reply to: Re: friendly list? posted by Terry on August 14, 2000 at 19:57:22:

Terry, I agree 100%. The tortoise trust list is probably one of if not the best list out there. Unfortunately one cannot have a civil discussion if the topic does not agree with a select few. Most of those subscribed to the list do not even really participate for fear of being slammed. (quite a few have said this). I'm sorry to say I did choose to leave the list because I felt it was quite unfair how the moderator and some select members could slam an individual without that individual being able to retaliate without being threatened with expulsion. (I've seen it happen to others besides myself). Like I said, it is a great list as long as you either agree with the program or keep your mouth shut. (sort of like a dictatorship).
As far as the name goes (this seems to have been concern to a few people from THAT list considering they have made it a point to state that EJ is Ed). I've used EJ on Kingsnake for about 3 or 4 years or as long as kingsnake has been around. Mostly in the chats. I make no secret of my address which clearly has my name on it. I do find it kind of evil that some people will post the name with the appearience of exposing something that is trying to be kept secret.
I want folks to know who I am because I enjoy talking tortoise.
Anyone going to Daytona stop by and chat a while I'll be at a table with some baby Leopards (and not much else).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]