kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I went and got some new stuff for my tortoise

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lindasy on August 10, 2000 at 17:34:16:

I got her cypress mulch for bedding, a thermometer, reptile vitamin powder and some zophobas or whatever they are called. What is the best way to feed those? I held it by the tail and she was repulsed by that thing squirming around. Can you kill them first and then feed? Pretty gross little things. I guess we will try again later. She ate some more mushroom with some of the powder and my boyfriend went to get some other stuff to try. She is now outside in my 6 by 6 foot dog run. We never use it for the dog and now I have the perfect use for it. I had some big rocks I put in the corners so she can't get out. We have decided to call her Terrapin as we have a Grateful Dead name theme around here. Hopefully I can find a stricty African Tortoise bulletin board, if anyone knows of one that would be great! If anyone has any tips or ideas please post them as I am new to tortoises. I always wanted one, but I don't usually buy animals, I like to rescue them. This was the perfect opportunity. My friend back home got her and another one. I saw one last time I was back home (the other one died) and knew how soon she'd get sick of it so I told her if she ever didn't want it I'd take it. By the next time I came home (three weeks) she had decided she didn't want it -so voila I have a tortoise. Thanks for all your help in figuring out what type of tort I have. See you around!
Lindsay

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]