kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: New update-BUT I DID - Will he be OK?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Leslie on August 07, 2000 at 15:53:29:

In Reply to: Re: New update posted by brad on August 07, 2000 at 08:58:56:

: I agree about PetsMart, however, I did not know I was going to get mine from there when I did...
It has been a month and a half... Do you think I am liable to have problems now?
He was in a tank with two other torts. Pretty big tank, but he was the smallest and the most active. Was I wrong to buy him there? Probably wouldn't again, but What about this one?
I do have a reptile place "Reptile Haven" close to my home... the russians were three times the price so they were probably CB?? What do you think??

Yes I recommend questioning Petsmart... Cause even though my tort is still alive and active (At least he was when I left him... They were NOT knowledgeable about how to feed, house and take care of them, in fact they gave me detrimental advice, but I did rescue this one and I am glad I did, at least so far.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

: I wanted to second what Eric said about getting
: the truth out of Petsmart. I once bought a Russian
: from Petsmart, and the employee swore that they
: got their russians and box turtles from a farm
: in Indiana. The clerk was young and sincere and
: I doubt he was lying, but instead repeating
: what he was told.

: If the animals in the store are all jammed
: into one small tank (for example, I saw
: about 6-8 russians AND one box turtle in
: one small tank) and they aren't heated properly
: or otherwise being treated well, then go
: get your tortoise elsewhere. My petsmart
: russian died in 3 weeks of respiratory problems,
: and I know how to keep them properly. It was
: just beyond the 2 week warranty, so don't count
: on a warranty to save you your money. And no matter
: where you buy it, it would be best to take it
: to a vet ASAP. My tort died the night before
: his vet appointment. I should have scheduled
: sooner. I don't buy from petstores anymore.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]