kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

This was really fun to read. Thanks. n/p

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by EJ on July 21, 2000 at 11:44:08:

In Reply to: Re: new food in MY TORTS diet??? posted by BRYAN L. SALAMONE, ESQ. on July 21, 2000 at 10:54:00:

: my Large Leopards were getting overgrown "beaks" which i have been told comes from soft food, such as lettuce, or too much fruit, so I added four items to their diets these help:
: 1) lawn clippings (no fetilizer or pesticide on my lawn and they love the roughage ... good stools and healthy;
: 2) large dandylions, purchased at the store, they are huge and have part of the base and root attached for some "hardness";
: 3) the hearts of romaine lettuce (the actual hard core part to help with overgrown beak or mouth"
: 4) an avocato and or mango pit with just a little fruit left on it. they bite and bite and play with it.

: I also placed a hay nest in the corner which they sleep on and will (once in a while) chew for some real roughage.
: best of luck. as a lawyer I have been to the supreme court of the US in Wash DC and the architecture is filled with tortoise symbolism. why? well the architecture references say it represents the "slow and deliberate pace of justice" we have six huge torts in a hugely expensive display cage in my firm. as the owner of the firm I put them in and all clients and their kids absolutely love it. employees (about 27) also love them and get upset if they look hungry or the cage looks dirty. they are the law firm mascots, BUT ACCORDING TO MY ACCOUNT, THE 8500.00 CAGE IS NOT A VALID TAX DEDUCTION. OH WELL, THEY MAKE ME VERY VERY HAPPY AND LOOKING AT THEM GIVES ME A SENSE OF TIMELESS PEACE AND TRANQUILITY. GOOD LUCK, HOPE THIS WAS FUN TO READ. BRYAN

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]