kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Couple more questions - Mystery Solved

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Terry on July 15, 2000 at 12:49:23:

In Reply to: Re: Couple more questions - Mystery Solved posted by Leslie on July 14, 2000 at 17:03:37:

Hi Leslie,
glad to hear you've found something he likes.
Although red leaf is fine, it's a bit more watery than some of the other greens and not good to feed exclusively.
Try and offer a mix of at least 2 types of leafy greens at each feed, or more, the more variety the better.
Keep trying to fine the endive, it's one of the better greens to feed, as is watercress.
Escarole, chicory, collards, romaine, turnip greens, dandelions are fine too.Although collards should be fed in moderation, I include them in the mix about every ten days.
The key here is to offer a variety, you can mix in some finely clipped fresh grass too for fiber. Chop it up small and mix it in with the greens.
If you have clover in your yard add that in too.

People always look at me quite strangely when I get in the checkout line in the store.
All that's in my cart is bags stuffed with different greens.
They always pass a comment like " Wow you eat a really healthy diet" or " How do you get your kids to eat those greens"?

Anyway, glad to hear he's eating.
Aloha,
Terry.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: