kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Umm, is your ego THAT BIG to think I was directing that at you?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Giovanni on July 04, 2000 at 01:03:36:

In Reply to: response to obnoxious behavior. posted by EJ on July 03, 2000 at 21:37:46:

: It would seem that certain individuals are threatened by my comments. They also have the gall to think that the individuals who participate on this forum know nothing of this hobby.

*First of all, (and I'm sure I'm not alone in making this statement) I don't find anything threatening in anything you post on this forum, in fact I think you are an asset to it. I do think that you should be aware that sometimes because you have this dire need to comment on just about everything posted here, you contradict yourself at times and use poor judgement (i.e. telling the woman from the school to buy a sulcata because someone on here would take it if she didn't want it anymore). That seems downright irresponsible. Also, who cares who knows what? If you actually read my last post, you would have understood what I was talking about.

Many of those 'experts' I can remember not too long ago asking the very questions being asked. Now they are the 'experts'.(hmmm) I don't know how to respond to Highfield but I'll just use the comment that everyone else who knows Andy, Thats just Andy.

*I don't know Andy and I have no reason to, nor do I really want to. But he has devoted his life to the scientific study of my lifelong passion and I have alot of respect for his work. Your witless match of wits with him was simply hilarious.

: For the most part the issues debated were interesting if you remove the butt head comments.
: As far as my comments I'll give you all the references you want. I'm drawing on info that I have in my own library.

*Maybe interesting on your part, but the rest of us were laughing at you. Library books are meant to be read, put back on the shelf and applied to
your own personal growth. You need to be aware that if you are writing blatent text from a book you have on your shelf, that's called plagerisim and you could be sued for it. The way that real professionals do it is they reference the author.

: For those who read this list and are afraid to post because of some of the obnoxious few remember their names and just don't read their posts if you think it might pertain to you. Like I said I like talking tortoises.

*Then I suggest you talk tortoises then, quit commenting on any reaction to posts that you don't like and that have nothing to do with you. If you want to moderate this forum contact the webmaster and ramble at him for awhile. The other thing is people on the forum for the 1st time are here to get information on care of their tortoises, not read pissing contests.

: To GIO. specificly It would seem my reference in maders book really upset you. Hell, I was challenged. (I was actually surprised when I found it.)(get over it)(Chow)

*I don't know what your talking about. But if you were giving medical advice you should put a cork in it. I don't know who mader is, don't care. I have one of the best Herp vets around taking care for mine, any other treatment I give them I would never share on the forum because I'm no vet.
I think you should stick to giving people advice instead of trying to causing childish commotions where your "expertice" is very thin.
(YOU, Eee JAYwalker, get over it!)

Divertiti`
Giovanni

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: