kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: baytril question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brent on July 02, 2000 at 20:50:50:

In Reply to: baytril question posted by brian m on July 01, 2000 at 00:54:29:

I have never had the misfortune to have to give any of my torts any anti biotics. I have also learned that in most cases we mear humans get way too much of these poisons.

I have learned thru the years the role vitamin A has had in fighting and trating infections. I am not talking about beta ceratin I am refering to the real thing.

Has there been any studies on the use of natural or should I say alternative meathods?

I have been using a form of stabalised nasient oxygen on myself for more than two years. Most bad bacteria hates high oxygen environments. By keeping your oxygen levels up you can fight off more infections. When I soak my tortoise he gets this liquid stabalised oxygen in his water.

This stablised oxygen is also used for travelers when they drink "the water" in countries like Mexico. Ten drops in a tall glass of water kills most of the bacteria,viruses and even many of the parisites.

: i took my red foot to the vet the other day and they have me giving shot of baytril to my tort. i know how to give the shots but was wondering what baytril is used for? is it an antibiotic that klls infections like respitory infections or used for something else.
: i had to give my russian baytril shots after i bought her and it was used for killing a strand of herpies. so i'm just curious about what it can be used for. thanks in advance for your replies--brian m

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]