kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Red foot breeders/onwers, do these look good to you?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jon Kendrick on June 20, 2000 at 16:20:00:

In Reply to: Red foot breeders/onwers, do these look good to you? posted by Sharon on June 20, 2000 at 12:34:24:

those are really nice tortoises for captive bred. some of the best i've seen. they are on the young side of breeding at that size. typically females don't lay fertile eggs until they are closer to 10 inches, though it's not impossible. also bear in mind, redfoots can attain 30 lbs plus, and 16-18 inches carapace length. these are still young tortoises, but they have definatly been well cared for. if you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me.

Jon Kendrick

: I'm looking into buying the tortoises at this link: http://members.aol.com/cbktznbch/myhomepage/redfootduo.jpg . But I would like to hear from red foot onwers if these look good. They are CB, 6 years old. The male is 8.75 inches long and weighs 5 pounds and the female is 9.75 and weighs 8 pounds. I believe they are of breeding size? I'm not sure of this, are they? I want the best adult red foots I can find, and these sounded really nice being that they are CB. Please tell me what you think.
: Thank you, Sharon

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]