kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Experiment

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Christine on March 12, 2002 at 14:51:53:

In Reply to: Re: Experiment posted by Justin on March 12, 2002 at 14:29:17:

Justin,

Please re-read what I said:

"If you are experimenting on an animal just to say "I told you so.", that's pretty darn cruel."

I am not saying you are cruel. Please re-read he above statement. I am not debating where you keep your animals, or how you feed them.

I AM saying that any experiments that are not controlled are useless. And you *MAY* be putting the animals life in danger. Maybe you are not, I agree with you that there is scant scientific evidence out there on this issue. But, again, your experiment will prove nothing. You will not prove anything to any group of people and you are POTENTIALLY damaging an animal.

My opinion is: I do not agree with experimenting on animals. But, if you do, why put an animals life in potential danger if you are not going to prove a thing? It's a waste.

~Christine

: Your definition of cruel is vastly different than mine. I feel cruel is a large sulcata or any sulcata for that matter being raised indoors for more than a month or two out of the year. I do not think cruel is keeping a sulcata outside in one of the best places to keep them in the country and feeding him a diet that my own vet feels will be beneficial to him. What aspects of his diet do you feel are wrong? The high oxalic acid content, which has never been proven to be bad for tortoise. Or is it the small amount of vegetable protein that will be present in the legumes, which by the way is neccesary for proper growth and development. Hmmm damn I'm cruel.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]