return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I am quite familiar w/ their size................

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian Oakley on June 04, 2000 at 21:58:16:

In Reply to: most important/worst thing about sulcatas... posted by Niki on June 04, 2000 at 20:57:44:

: obviously you know they get very big, and need lots
: of room even when small, but the worst part of
: getting a sulcata or any tortoise for that matter,
: was realizing how intelligent and personable they
: are and then you look at your snakes differently!
: LOL! Makes em look like a box of rocks for brains!
: You will fall in love with that tortoise, and
: when they come to you when you hold out your hands
: and look at you with that face, well you'll find out!
: welcome, niki

Your stories are awesome. I LOVE reptiles in general, but always kept boas and pythons. Again, I made my final decision (obviously) today when I came home w/ my lil sulcata. I have heard of their personalities and whatnot and find it quite interesting. I would agree they have more intelegence than a snake, but I could shock you with a story of a snake I once had. Since this is a tortoise forum I will just let that story go. Thank you for the info and am thrilled to be a tort owner......someday breeder! Brian Oakley

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]