return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: I am new to the tortoise world..........

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Terry on June 04, 2000 at 21:05:13:

In Reply to: I am new to the tortoise world.......... posted by Brian Oakley on June 04, 2000 at 20:46:57:

Hi Brian,
welcome to the Tortoise world! Of which Kingsnake is just a small part, but where many begin, I did!
I first posted on Kingsnake when I got my first sulcata, a sub adult female.I now have 4 sulcatas and other species or torts and turts.
Many others on this forum also keep sulcatas.

If you look down the Forum a few posts you will find a Post " Is my baby sulcata going to die, please help"

Take a look at the replies you will find some great care sheets and web sites linked.
Also if you are serious about torts and want some great info and contact with other tort keepers try egroups.com.

Go to egroups.com and look for the tortoise lists.
There are a couple of sulcata lists you can subscribe to, Sulcata and Sulcata Stuff.
Subscribing is free, there are other tort lists too, I think you would enjoy the Tortoise Trust list also found at egroups.com

Or you can join the Tortoise Trust list from their web site at:

http://www.tortoisetrust.org/

You will also find a sulcata care sheet, in the care sheet section of the web site.

Through the lists you will come into contact with well known experts, veterinarians, long term experienced keepers and other beginners.

Help and advise will only be an email away, and you will be kept up to date on many issues involving torts.

Once again welcome, hope you find the links useful and hope to hear from you at the discussion lists.
Terry.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]