return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Leopard Tortoise -- help!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by sumi on June 01, 2000 at 10:42:04:

In Reply to: Re: Leopard Tortoise -- help! posted by sharif on September 26, 1999 at 14:47:36:

well, i am looking to adopt tortoise.. really especially desert kind.. cos i love them and my friends have them.. they know how to take care of their pet.. and i really love to go their house just because of their pet.. rediculouse i know.. especially when those pets ignore me dont' make a sound and always sleep.. but letting them eat from my hand makes my day... :).. i hope you will give him to me or if you would like you can sell it to me.. i am ready for it.. pls?..
do send me email i would like to hear from you soon..

: : : My friend received a leopard tortoise as a gift last May. She keeps him in a glass cage with a heater, the cage is about 4ft. x 2ft. She lets him out to wander the linoleum floors, but she does not have her own place and it is difficult to ask others to live with a tortoise, who messes up the floor. She also only feeds him lettuce, spinach, a little fruit and never leaves water in a dish for him. Instead, she makes sure the lettuce has lots of water droplets on it. Lately the tortoise isn't looking so good -- she is looking for a home for him with a zoo or something, as she knows her tortoise skills are lacking. From looking at various Internet sites, I can see that this poor boy may be in trouble. Can anyone give her advice, quickly? I find myself worried about this helpless creature. Thanks, Sylvia

: : Sylvia,

: : go to the website linked below, this is a turtle/tortoise rescue and adoption group, email them they will help you find a great new home for this tortoise.

: : To adopt a tortoise you must be a member, and all applicants are carefully screened. Email me privately if you need more help.

: : Thanks for helping this tortoise, Turtle Homes will help you out.

: : Terry.

: good job Terry.. i was gonna tell her the same thing. :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]