return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Belief Vs. Science

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brent on May 29, 2000 at 00:12:36:

In Reply to: Re: Belief Vs. Science posted by SUMONE on May 28, 2000 at 15:36:47:

How did Noah do it? He didnt. God did.How come the lions could be with the lambs? God intervened.
Fish did not go on board,there was going to be plenty of water. Genisis never really states the entire planet only the entire world. This could easily explain why the arc was able to hold all the known animals at the time.It goes,on.

Read Genisis. It is actually quite interesting on a non spiritual level.See if you can find the symbolism and preconfigurement of how man was to become thru the history of times.
: : : Ok, I want to talk about the huge post by Niki that ended up withy 50+ replies arguing about religion.

: : : Isaac, lay off the crack pipe. I don't want to insult you but what you said about the sun and sorts. But what you said is garbage. lets just say what you said is true, then how did we end up with water all over the world?? Noah's ark? Well, correct me if i am wrong, but there was a big flood in the "holly land" region, and since people back then did not know much about science, they thought the whole world was flooded... that is FALSE.

: : : Tonya, you started this little conflict by saying the following... "That's a bunch of junk. Turtles haven't been around that long and niether have dinosaurs! Please read Genisis 1. from the Holy
: : : Bible."

: : : Where in the bible does it say " dinosaurs and other extinct animals were roaming the world w/ humans?"

: : : Are you saying that the BIBLE is the ONLY right book that explains everything?? what about the Jewish Torah, and the Islamic Koran? are they wrong?

: : : The conflict is basically Belief versus science facts. And for the people that think its funny to make little side jokes on this matter, there must be something wrong with you. Niki asked for a simple answer and it ended up with people bringing in religious and stupid WWF things in to this matter.

: : I with you man, I mean if the land really was flooded noah would have to have millions of animals on board. also, two of each kind isn't enough since by now we all would be retarded from in breeding. Also how could different religions come up if the only human survivors believed in god? Humans also come in different races, how could some of us have dark skin if all the humans living were white. how could there be sinners too if only pure people were left alive huh???? i rest my case
: : SUM-ONE

:
: Explain how Noah can keep butterflies and other insects alive on board. Also how can he provide enough food for them all for however long he was in the ark? does he have an infinite amount of space? Hopw can he keep some animals that only live for one day alive? (some insects only live for one day) how can he keep animals that have been found miles beneath the ocean that need the pressure to survive? how can he keep sharks alive? How can he give each animal the care and climate it needs? for example polar bears, and desert tortoises. LAstly how can he prevent a lion from eating or squashing a lizard? your telling me just read the bible this time is useless give it up, man.

: SUMONE

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]