kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

YAY! :) n/p

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Lacy on March 08, 2002 at 08:03:03:

In Reply to: I'm so glad to hear that! posted by Christy on March 07, 2002 at 17:54:41:

: :
: : I've had a few requests for a Hoku update. I'm posting it here as I've been very busy with my front yard, renovating the landscaping myself!
: : Too broke for more professional landscapers at the moment!

: : Hoku continues to do well, he's eating like a little piglet.
: : I was worried about dehydration but I caught him drinking this morning and his stools are a bit runny. So no more spoiling with softer foods, he's back on his old diet.
: : I take him outdoors (with his bandage on) most days, but his legs tire easily.
: : He doesn't explore the whole enclosure like he used too. He has some muscle damage which will improve with time.
: : Apart from that he seems to be fine, but sleeps a lot on the days he gets his shot.

: : Three things I think saved his life.
: : My dogs barking the alarm so I found Hoku before the dog did even more damage.
: : The dog was tiny, had it been even just a bit bigger I don't think Hoku would have stood a chance.

: : And Dr Johnson, who took a very chewed up Hoku and somehow made him look almost normal again.He somehow managed to smooth everything out, making most of the wounds barely noticable.

: : Two areas will never be completely normal, the area where his carapace is missing. It will heal over though and new shell will regenerate given time.
: : And his plastron infront of his front left leg,(near the gular scutes) hard to describe but it was badly chewed and seperated a bit.
: : But the carapace and plastron punctures are starting to heal nicely.
: : So thanks everyone again, I think he will be fine, although I still worry that things will go wrong. As Dr Johnson said when I called for an update, when Hoku stayed at the hospital for 3 days. " I think Hoku is doing better than you are" :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]