kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Mulberry Trees

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Terry on March 07, 2002 at 17:39:13:

In Reply to: Mulberry Trees posted by Linda on March 07, 2002 at 16:36:40:

Fruitless Mulberry trees have the most envasive root system.
But you really don't want to plant any mulberry tree near the house, patio or anywhere that the dark berries might fall and stain.
I have a dwarf black mulberry tree, and it's a real dwarf at the moment! In a pot and only three feet tall, but it's already sprouting leaves and what look like tiny berries. If you want the berries go for a species of black mulbery tree, some produce more and bigger berries than others.I got the Shangri La hybrid black, which produces big, black berries. I didn't really want the berries, but didn't want the envasive root system of a fruitless and wanted a species that did well here in Arizonas climate.

I'm going to leave it in a container for the first few years, as I can't decide where to plant it!
I expect to repot it every year, going a couple of sizes up each time.
It should do well, look at nuseries who have 32" boxes and bigger boxed trees.
I got mine from a Nursery called Eatit.com. I found them through a web search, called and they recommended the right species for my area and sent it via UPS. Check their mulberry trees out and give them a call for recommendations on which species to get.Although you might be able to find them also at a local nusery.
Hope this helps.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]