return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Marissa - I think I read it on the back of a Pokemon card, thanks...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marissa on May 24, 2000 at 16:19:10:

In Reply to: Re: Marissa - I think I read it on the back of a Pokemon card, thanks... posted by Terry on May 24, 2000 at 11:12:32:

Niki, Terry is heavily involved in projects that involve tortoise and turtle rescue and conservation with other organizations and other groups than just the one here at Kingsnake. I have never experienced her taking cheap shots at an owner, let alone a tortoise. I looked at the post above where she simply asks "do you feed a high protein diet to your tortoise?". Not insulting in the least. I did ask what book you read this heat/diet thing in...I have read many books by respected authors on tortoises and turtles including Pritchard and have never heard of this theory...I was curious, and you blasted me with a Pokeman card joke. I haven't been following posts about Andy Highfield but I don't think you know enough about him personally to make public your feelings on his actions, whether you support Tortoise Trust or not. I fail to see why you are so combative on this forum and why you feel you must constantly refute and question the advice or information given by people with more experience (even if they are just keepers like yourself) than you have. If you are looking for "professionals" to take into account the advice of "keepers" as you mentioned in your post above (and I am not counting myself or Terry into this "professionals" group BTW) then you should learn to be more patient and less confrontational...keep in mind we are all here to work together and to help people, not to fight.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]