return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Housing question--Need help fast

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andrew on May 21, 2000 at 09:33:25:

Hi there:

I was told last night by a friend that he needs to get rid of his 6" sulcata and I've decided to step up to the plate and give the little guy a home. I live in a large apartment but will likely be a home owner within a year. My buddy has the little guy in a glass terrarium, but that doesn't seem like it would be the best way to house the little guy. I have a couple of questions:

1) Can I use one of those large 2' by 4' plastic tubs you can pick up from Home Depot as initial housing? They have 8" to 10" high plastic sides. Can this at least be a starter home until I have enough time to get something more permanent?

2) I know I can hang a basking light from a little stand over the edge of the tub to give the Sulcata a basking spot. What about full-spectrum lighting? Do they make any kind of stands or racks to hold a strip-light over the tub?

Any help would be appreciated. I have to get the little guy today as my buddy's landlord gave him until tonight to get him out of his place.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]