return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Sorry if u thought i insulted u, but.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Terry on May 15, 2000 at 21:42:26:

In Reply to: Sorry if u thought i insulted u, but..... posted by sharif on May 15, 2000 at 17:59:42:

: what do u think these tortoises are???
: And Terry, you insulted me aswell, but i keep my mouth shut instead of writing stuff about me to turn everyone against me.

<<>>

Not sure what this means.

Sharif,
I'm not interested in dragging this thing out, I've made my point but you still don't get it.
You claim to know more about tortoises than most of us, although you didn't even know the order or family that tortoises belong to.
That in itself was an insult not only to me but to all the people on this forum.
Suggesting that you alone are an expert and that as most others only keep in your words " begginner tortoises" our opinions are worthless, only added to the insult.
There are many people on this forum who keep extremely rare tortoises and turtles and have far more knowledge about chelonians than you or I will ever have.
Yet they don't come here declaring themselves experts and putting down others opinions, nor do they insult others because of the species they choose to keep.
Many people choose tortoises that do well in their area, the climate suits one species but not another. Room is a factor as is preference for a particular species and finance.
Some people keep one species but remain up to date on many species, prefering not to concentrate solely on the one species they keep.
It is quite possible to keep redfoots for example but be very knowledgeable about other rarer species too.
As I said I'm not interested in dragging this out so say what you must, but this is my final post on this.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]