return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Weed Wacker for rent, includes organic by-products for free...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brent on May 07, 2000 at 21:30:24:

In Reply to: Weed Wacker for rent, includes organic by-products for free... posted by Niki on May 06, 2000 at 11:27:24:

Niki, I thought I did respond to the mole repelant or did I just dream that I did?Humm...
Most mole repelants that I am aware of use napthalene as its active ingredient. This is what moth balls are made of. This substance is highly toxic. What makes it bad is it becomes a vapor.Kinda like fumigations(tenting of homes for termites)This prevents having control over where it will end up.If you ever went to a house that uses moth balls you know how it can make your eyes water or your lungs burn.

The up side to this product it last only a short while.Water or rain will wash it away.I would encourage your neighbor to use mole traps or even the ultrasonic repelers.The sound wave of the ultrasonic rep. is of too high of a range for tortoises to hear.

I would discourage your neighbor from spraying this substance with in 20 feet from your property.
Some of the garlic or pepper sprays can work as well.

Good luck with your neighbor.
Brent
: Well, Teddy's been out for hours a day lately also.
: He barely puts a dent in the clovers in the front
: yard and the weeds in the back. (sigh)
: I usually just let him roam the yard unless I'm
: leaving the house, then I put him inside. After
: a day of outside he's ready for bed around 5 p.m.
: He likes the dirt/weed patches too, more so I would
: say than the solid grass areas. I've noticed he's
: waking up sooner now though (maybe the longer days)
: and is ready to get up at 7:00 a.m. even (aaarggh!).
: Used to all mosey out of bed around 9 a.m.!
: I've got piano recital practice today for my students
: but tomorrow I'm going to a Herp show! Yeah!

: Brent - did you ever see my post about the question
: on the safety of "mole repellant" spray?? What's
: up with it?
: niki

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title: