return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

help soon or my russians may die!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by HOOK on April 23, 2000 at 20:51:22:

I just purchased two russians (male and female) they arrived 3 weeks ago and seemed very healthy to me. Neither has eaten for at least 6 days. I keep them in a 55 gallon fish tank, they are in my kitchen and receive a little bit of sunlight at one end of the tank only, for about 3-4 in the morning. I use rocks just like in an aquariam, about 2-3 inches deep. A shallow bowl for water. And a small hide box, that is not submerged in the rocks. I was feeding them romaine lettuce and iceberg, tried to give dandilions, carrots and parsley, but to no avail. I live in the poconos PA. They seam as if they want to hibernate, they seem sluggish and week, only one actually sleeps in the hidebox the other at the open end, is the hide box to small? Please help, thanx in advance and thank you Marrissa you have a heart!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]