kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

For Frank

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tegu Forum ]

Posted by attentiveear on April 27, 2003 at 19:36:06:

In Reply to: Argentine red tegu Vs. Northern Paraguay red tegu...... posted by fhayden1 on April 27, 2003 at 19:26:54:

Hi there Frank! My 2 paraguayans are more brownish-red. There are some paraguayans that are near impossible to tell the difference from argentines. Please do not let these pics deter you from looking at paraguayans too. The coloration typcially can be seen in babies so you can get a nice colored one.
I got the paraguayans becasue of the price that was offered for them. He just wanted tohave a good home. They are like puppies and come when you call them. They were used for shows at schools and day care centers.

Take care!

Greg

:Well, that taught me something. I don't own any tegu but I'm planning too. I'd like to own a pair of Chacoan and Red Tegu. I didn't know there is such an evident difference in the Argentine and Paraguayan red tegu. Thanks for the comparison pic.
:Frank
::Hi there! Here they are, well 2 of the 4 I have. You should be able to get an idea though. The paraguayan and argentines both have awesome personalities. The argentines though have a more definite red coloration, versus a brownish-red of the paraguayan.

::Greg

:::does anyone have pics of both so i can compare. thanks

::
::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Tegu Forum ]