kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Heres what you do.....(inda long)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tegu Forum ]

Posted by crazydago18 on April 25, 2003 at 20:34:43:

In Reply to: i want a tegu posted by Tatoe on April 25, 2003 at 18:31:01:

:i plan on getting my first tegu. if anyone could tell me a good place to get one from that would b awsome and any other tips on how to care for them that i couldnt find on a care sheet would be awsome. and are they tamable? just u know like where i can let them out of the cage and they would b cool with my dogs and cats that kind of stuff-------------

--If you post a pic of the tegu you would like to buy me or somone else here could tell you what it is. The argentines are usually more distinct black and white (as babies)and the columbians are more dull and yellowish.
You would want an argentine B/W tegu as apposed to an columbia As far as where to get one. your best bet would be to check the KS classified adds or search around on diff sites. make sure you find a reputable breeder and not some sleezy pet store. the time you spend reasurching and finding a good deal will save you tons of agrivation and money in the longrun.
Tamable- if you want something tame a bearded dragon or a uromastyx would be the way to go but you can get an argentine dog tame. For more info just keep on reading the forum alot of info is listed here everyday. ask specific questions if you have any and good luck. -nick-(just a funny looking pic of me)idunno why

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Tegu Forum ]