kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Not solved?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Taxonomy Forum ]

Posted by Sundberg on March 08, 2002 at 10:52:46:

In Reply to: IP Address mystery solved posted by Raymond Hoser on March 08, 2002 at 07:03:04:

Now, it struck me as somewhat unlikely that WW would post under a pseudonym. Therefore I checked your statements Raymond, and I don't reach the same conclusion you do.

Regarding the post by adder at http://www.kingsnake.com/forum/venom/messages/46080.html

If you look at the source for that page you see the following;
"Entered from ctpp-p-144-134-157-89.prem.tmns.net.au at 144.134.157.89"

This is the data I found about that IP-adress using VisualRoute;
"Telstra (NET-TELECOMAU4)
Network Development and
Construction Branch 32 Pirie Street Adelaide
South, 5000
AU
Netname: TELECOMAU4
Netblock: 144.134.0.0 - 144.134.255.255"

On the other hand, if one looks at the source for WWs post http://www.kingsnake.com/forum/venom/messages/46055.html you see the following;
"Entered from little-weed.mcc.wwwcache.ja.net at 194.82.103.152"

And this is some of the data that gets thrown up when you check that IP-adress;
"inetnum: 194.82.103.0 - 194.82.103.255
netname: JWCS-NET1
descr: JANET Web Cache Service

You say in your post that "So I did a quick check on the Wois database for the mystery person at:
adder@adder.com.au which we all know is a non-existant person and domain."

To begin with, we don't all know that the domain doesn´t exist. Check http://www.adder.com.au/ for yourself... That is an obvious error on your part, very easily checked as well. Hm, what more can be wrong?

Then you go on and list the RIPE-info you retrived for the IP-adress that WW's message contains WHILE CLAIMING IT IS THE ADRESS WHICH ADDER POSTED FROM! But as anyone can see if they bother to check the adresses themselves this is not the case. But most people will hardly check that will they? So you make it seem as if WW posted adders message from GB.

In summary, www.adder.com.au is a valid domain, it is based in Australia, the IP-adress in adders post confirms it was sent from Australia, and the adress in WWs post confirms it was sent from GB.

Care to give an explanation? Maybe I'm mistaken? I'm by no means an expert on the detailed workings of the 'net but this easily checked info seem to contradict what you are saying.

/Sundberg

surevsaha at hotmail dot com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Taxonomy Forum ]