kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

unidentified Asian turle

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Taxonomy Forum ]

Posted by merri on September 07, 2002 at 15:50:59:

carapace

close up of head

head on

plastron

side view

I was at my local pet store and they had these turles that were listed as leaf turtles (Cyclemys dentata). They did have a few leaf turtles, but they also had a couple of these, which are not leaf turtles. They do not have a plastral hinge. They have radiations on their carapace and plastron, their inframarginals are especially radiated.. They have many pink stripes on the neck. The lower jaw has pink spots on a whitish background. The head is dark brown with black splotches. The hind limbs are light pinkish orangish and dark brown. The anterior surface of the fore limbs is mainly dark brown, the posterior side is light pinkish orangish and dark brown.

I am fairly sure that they are from Asia. One of the Heosemys, maybe? Does anybody know what they are?

Thanks, Merri

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Taxonomy Forum ]