kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I have pets that do the same thing...and I believe it.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Stories Forum ]

Posted by PetCrazy on May 10, 2002 at 18:55:45:

In Reply to: Why I believe boas do have attachments to their owners. posted by Kristy on July 01, 2001 at 18:03:36:

: I am 31 years old and have had a Colombian red tail since the age of 12. She was the sweetest pet I could ever ask for. And here is why I believe boas and other snakes DO have an attachment to their owners like a dog would. My daddy was an alcoholic and very mean. He would beat me and my siblings just because he was mad. One day, I was holding my boa, Reddy, when my dad came in. I could smell alcohol on his breath and new what he was going to do. He raised his fist, and Reddy lashed out at him. She bit him on the head, coiled, and would not let go. Dad was really angry. After about 5 minutes(I was very scared) I grabbed Reddy and she let go. My dad looked at her and I, then left. Reddy then proceeded to 'nuzzle' my neck. Ever since that day, Reddy would hiss loudly whenever she knew dad was in their. And when he was about to hit, if she could, she would lash out and bite him. This was the only person she ever bit. She was an absolute sweetie to everyone else. It has been 19 years, I moved out, and she is still a sweetie and protective of me. Dad has come over a few times, and although she no longer hisses(he's sober now), she still watches him and waits if he will hurt me. That is why I believe snakes, or at least boas, have an attachment to their owners. Because I'm rather embarrased about my past, my above name is not real and I haven't posted my email address.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Stories Forum ]