What are the odds? -

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Stories Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Swampy on July 14, 2000 at 08:45:09:

What are the odds that a lone redneck would run over a rattlesnake going down a deserted Georgia road? Pretty good I'd say.

Now, tell me what the odds are that the redneck would spin his truck around and stop to cut the rattles and head off? Pretty good I'd say.

Now, tell me what the odds are that in the few seconds it takes him to wheel his truck around that two herpetologists would happen to see the injured snake,get to it before the redneck could wheel his truck around, hook the snake, and get to the side of the road? I wouldn't have put my money on this one.

What are the odds that in that few moments the two herpetologists would educate the redneck on the natural history and reproductive morphology of C. horridus atricaudatus? What are the odds that the two herpetologists would refuse to give the snake to the now disappointed redneck? What are the odds that the redneck would drive away sad and snakeless?

-- not very good I'd say but it happened a couple of weeks ago on a lonely Georgia road when Myself and a very good friend went herping through South Georgia.

I feel darn good about it too :)

(although I'd rather have stopped him from running over the snake at least one redneck got educated)

Laters, Swampy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Stories Forum ] [ FAQ ]