return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

SCARLET

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Stories Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan on November 25, 1999 at 00:47:28:

Sad story. I bought a 24 inche scarlet king and then afterward knowing the length record was just 27 some odd inches I wanted this guy to reach it. He did not ever eat. This was 20 years ago when the pet store recommended worms. Well I threw in five lizard and went to sleep as I was just 14. I awoke and he ate them all. I continued this and he was big and strong for two more years and loved the lizards. He beat 27 inches and one day as typical and routine, I came home from school and thought of how to get me snake on the records. I held him in my bed and fell asleep and he went his way. Never found him as I lost a lot of snakes and was very upset not of the record length or anything, just that I did not have some snake to hold when I wanted to.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Stories Forum ] [ FAQ ]