return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: ANACONDA the true story!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Stories Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by emil svensson on January 27, 1999 at 03:16:28:

In Reply to: Re: ANACONDA the true story!! posted by THERESA on January 11, 1998 at 16:57:32:

: : Hi guys!I actually have many stories but this involves a snake in my possesion now.About 5 years ago I had a friend who worked in a pet store with the reptiles.He used glass aquariums with the hepetat lids on them and he did not secure the lids!So anyway you know what I am going to talk about dont you?Well he had a gorgeous 6' yellow anaconda come in and he set it up nicely.But he had a dang herpetat top on the enclosure and it was not secure!Well needless to say the snake escaped!I was hired to run the reptiles a few months after that I kept them in a more secure manner!My manager Kim also liked snakes and would hold them all the time.I worked at the store for a couple of months and all we kept thinking was it was the middle of winter so the anacinda must have met its fate.Well I was called in one morning early.When I got to the store Kim kinda stunk,and there was the anaconda larger than ever [must have found some food somewhere] and nastier than ever!She explained to me" well I got the call early from the gym next door to come over quick!I got over there and what did I see?Well the early areobics class had let out and the women moved to the Hot tub room where they were greated by a large anaconda taking a swim!Get this snake out of here she was told.The snake was so nasty she borrowed a towel wrapped it up of course while being sprayed with that nice smelling anaconda urine and brought it back to the store.The owner of the store said get that mean snake out of here so I brought him home and he has been with me ever since.He is a prized possession and if he could talk oh the stories he could tell.Well I guess I told it for him!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Stories Forum ] [ FAQ ]