return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: brother's snake

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Stories Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Buddy Grout on July 30, 1998 at 18:53:09:

In Reply to: Re: brother's snake posted by BIG BROTHER GROUT on July 20, 1998 at 04:29:51:

: : I'm 41 years old now and have been keeping snakes for at least thirty years.I have made a lot of mistakes but reading these stories has reminded me of my first snake disaster.I was about 8 years old when my older brother brought a little banded water snake home from scout camp.This was a hatchling snake and seemed to be doing quite well in my brothers aquarium.He would eat right out of our hands.One day when my brother wasn't home my mom decided to go to a friends house who lived several miles away.I thought the snake would like to ride with us.Did I mention it was FL in July.So like any 8 year old I enjoyed letting the snake crawl around behind the back seat under the rear windshield.
: : When we got to the friends house the snake was not acting very lively.He did feel a little warm so I thought he would enjoy a dip in a cool glass of ice water.This did seem to perk him up some.Now that he was feeling kind of cold I thought the ride home in the rear window would be just what he needed.For some unexplained reason he was dead when we got home.I figured that my brother would blame me if I told him what had happened.Older brothers tend to do that for no apparent reason.So I did what any smart younger brother would have done.I carefully placed the snake in his cage and was totally surprised when my brother told me his snake had died.

: So that's what happened to my snake!!!!! You
: little bastard, you just wait till our next family
: reunion; I'm gonna bust out a jumbo-sized can
: of whoop-ass!!!
Hi imposter,
I know you are not my brother because at 18 when I won the state championship wrestling tournament in the 220 lb divison, he quit talking to me in that tone of typing. Buddy Grout

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Stories Forum ] [ FAQ ]