kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Sticky Situation Selling Giant Asian Softshell..Suggestions?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Softshell Turtle Forum ]

Posted by Steve on March 25, 2002 at 18:17:16:

In Reply to: Re: Sticky Situation Selling Giant Asian Softshell..Suggestions? posted by Wayne Karau on March 23, 2002 at 20:43:48:

Hi Steve,

I think you could post on the classifieds and note (serious inquiries only). Talk to the interested parties and make sure that they have done their homework. I raise birds and I can tell you this from my experience -- as long as you check the people out and not just take the first $250 dollars thrown your way for the turtle (which obviously you would not do) you should find a suitable individual. No matter what it's still a crapshoot at best once they leave your home. Good luck
Steve

: Hi Steve. Two of these gems still doing well after 9 months - excellent! I lost my little guy today after 6 wonderful months with him (or her). It's a devastating blow, but I think the loss was my own fault. I believe it died of a respiratory infection that I could have easily prevented. I had planned to raise it for a few years to get it to a large enough size where I would have then donated it to a serious breeding group. If I were you, I'd keep both of them as who knows how hard they will be to acquire in the coming years. I don't know how easy it will be to sell them since like chitras, they are not very hardy. I'd command the highest price you can get for them. Giant softshells aren't very popular right now as people have shelled out alot of money for both Pelochelys and Chitras, only to have them die on them in a matter of weeks, even days. If somebody really wants them, they'll pay the $250 to $300 they usually go for. Just my thoughts, Wayne.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Softshell Turtle Forum ]