kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Getting an order of 40 fish from a hatchery for my tank...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Snapping Turtle Forum ]

Posted by turtleguy316 on January 30, 2003 at 00:18:36:

In Reply to: Getting an order of 40 fish from a hatchery for my tank... posted by Accomplice on January 29, 2003 at 15:41:49:

that is good price,i had to get goldfish and shrimp at walmart the other day 1 or 2 dozen of each came to 13.and aint worth 5,lol
and the turts didnt even eat but 3 or 4,lol
but i froze the rest.
thanks
jess

:A fish farm is going to bring up 40 fish in the next week or so. That was their estimate of what would work in my 400 gallon stock tank. They said they'd suggest mostly brim (sp?) and some bass. These are fingerlings (4-5 inches). They said that I'd need to have something to feed the bass like minnows or larvae of insects. I plan to just feed the bass some stick turtle food. It sounds like 'big red' will have something to snack on if it'll ever warm up around here. The 40 fish will be around $7-$10 total. Not bad at all huh?

:Now I've got to work out a purchase of crawfish. How many should I put in there? What do they need to eat? Did you guys know that crawfish farmers in LA get snappers and alligator snappers in their traps sometimes?

:Kevin

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Snapping Turtle Forum ]