kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Ummm.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Snapping Turtle Forum ]

Posted by Covenant on December 17, 2002 at 19:41:15:

In Reply to: Ummm..... posted by mr_phew on December 17, 2002 at 17:35:06:

Yeah he really actually cut off his penis. And also Sk8r009 it's just like teepee said it has a very low survival rate. That's what the vet said. It was stuck outside of his tail and the vet said if I let it be with out bringing him to the vet then he would have died from an infection. So he had to have it done. And I didn't know they hit maturity that fast. He was only a year or two at the time. It was a big tank I had them in but they never fought. Just the bigger one that had the operation, he was kind of a bully once he started to hit maturity I guess. But he never actually fought with the other turtles just mounted them and also usually he was the main one to eat the food. Plus if one of them was in a place under a rock or some thing he would dig them out and lay there. Thanks for the responses.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Snapping Turtle Forum ]