kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Possibly infected tail???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Snapping Turtle Forum ]

Posted by Covenant on December 16, 2002 at 23:45:09:

Hello all. I have 13 three month old common snapping turtles. All in the same tank. I got them when they were just between a day and 2 weeks old. My friend kept finding them in his swimming pool over the course of two weeks. They are doing great and eat like crazy. I've feed them about 30 meal worms and roughly about 20 dozen guppies in about two to two and half weeks time and they are still hungry. Have no idea where they put all their food at. Any ways to my question. Which all that has in part to do with it. When I feed them they go into a frenzy. And often bite each other. Some times immediately let go other times they don't. Any ways the biggest one in the tank one of the others bit about half his tail off. This was about 3 to 4 weeks ago. His tail doesn't look like it has healed really. It's white at the tip and a little red. Not Bleeding just red in places. And not all up and down his tail just where it's bit off. I was just wondering if there was any thing I could do besides taking him to a vet. Thanks for your time. :)

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Snapping Turtle Forum ]