kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: pond care for winter?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Snapping Turtle Forum ]

Posted by sk8r009 on November 17, 2002 at 23:45:24:

In Reply to: pond care for winter? posted by Adeline on November 17, 2002 at 17:14:08:

hey,
first, its good to see someone from around here on the forum. anyway, lets get to it. i keep mine outdoors till october. right now they are in some big rubbermaid containers and a stock tank. i keep them in these most of the time. of course, you know how our weather is-occasional jumps into the mid to high 70's arent uncommon and thats why i still keeps the ponds going outside. the turtles love getting the chance to get in some natural sunlight. i dont know what kind of space you have inside or how lage your turtle is, but if you have the room, its easier to just bring em inside. you might have to change water every 3-4 days depending on how you feed. thats why i chose the rubbermaids because they have handles. i also dont give mine very fancy setups, but a log or some cover doesnt hurt. these are just some suggestions, ive never hibernated my turtles and never had any problems. like i said, georgia weather is unpredictable at best, and makes it hard to really get some control over an outdoor turtle environment in the winter. its easier to bring em in.IMHO. besides, they look cute gathered together during the holidays.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Snapping Turtle Forum ]