kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Good Eye There Me Matey

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Snapping Turtle Forum ]

Posted by sk8r009 on November 13, 2002 at 10:55:39:

In Reply to: Re: Good Eye There Me Matey posted by Bill Moss on November 13, 2002 at 07:08:20:

supposedly the animosity and rivalry between common snappers and alligator snappers is legendary. i have "Turtles of the United States and Canada" and pritchard, barbour, and every great turtle guy all attest to the fact that these animals invariably fight and attack each other upon sight. probably some kind of evolutionary "survival of the fittest" thing. i have a small 2in ally snapper and a common of the same size, one time when i first got the little common i was going to house it with the ally for a week or two until i got a tank back from a friend in florida. well, as soon as the common was in the ally's sight, the ally rushed forward with a gaping mouth, and the common elevated its hindquarters and opened its mouth, standing its ground. as soon as the ally was close enough the common lunged forward, locking onto an arm, the ally snapper latched onto the carapace above the commons head. i had seen enough. i broke up the dispute and now the young snapper live quite peacefully with a river cooter, .....for now.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Snapping Turtle Forum ]