kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Phase 1 of

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Snapping Turtle Forum ]

Posted by Accomplice on March 04, 2003 at 06:54:12:

In Reply to: Re: Phase 1 of posted by hemicide on March 04, 2003 at 03:31:17:

Hemicide,

I just figure that they will tear the liner at certain areas and that a clay substrate beneath the most likely weak spots will help insure that tears won't drain the pond. They say that you can make clay bottomed ponds that will hold water.

Also, I'm going to call the guys at www.aquaculturetanks.com about the peanut shaped ponds that they sell. If they're flexible on price I may look into dropping one of those in the ground to take the popped liner worries out of the picture. A liner the size I need would be a few hundred bucks. The pre-fab peanut shaped ponds are quite a bit more as priced on that site. I'd feel better about it if I could get one for roughly the same price per gallon that I paid for my stock tank ($0.60).

Kevin

: Sorry Kevin, I misread your original post, I thought you were covering the liner with clay and gravel to protect the liner from thier claws. In which case they would naturaly dig down into the gravel some, and disturb the clay, but the liner would be protected. I don't believe anything under the liner will protect the liner from the turtles, just roots and sharp rocks.
: The only place they tore my liner was in the back of the folds for corners. Now, is that clear as mud. lol

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Snapping Turtle Forum ]