kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Dill

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Skink Forum ]

Posted by Brian-SFCRC on May 12, 2003 at 06:32:08:

In Reply to: Dill posted by icequeen on May 12, 2003 at 00:03:59:

SOUTHERN FLORIDA CORUCIA RESEARCH CENTER (SFCRC)

KIM,

Dill is absolutely beautiful! As They say..A picture is worth a thousand words. This tells me alot which I can share here.

Dill is a female. I base this on the shape of her head and a C/A BIOMETRIC RATIO of .63.

Dill is much healthier (especially this this a picture after you first got her) than I imagined. There is no Tresplod sign. In other words, she's not as thin and bony as a typical starved and/or sick PTS.

She appears to have some digits on all feet. I thought once foot was just a stump. The original plan for the prosthesis will have to be scapped. I will try to think of something else.
Good thing I didn't make it yet and sent it to you!

As soon as I talk with Ron (He's part of the SFCRC) I will contact you.

Sincerely,
Brian
SFCRC

:This is Dill right after we brought her home from the pet shop. You can sort of see her really bad toe, and the tight band of skin around it in this picture. It's the second toe in on her front foot. Notice how the claw on that toe is turned to the side, rather than under her foot like the others (well, there ARE no others on that foot...I mean in comparison to her back feet).
:Each of those dark spots part way down her back toes are also bands of unshed skin. BUT...those ones are GONE now! I was able to remove them with lots of soaking, and massages with vegetable oil, and with the GENTLE help of a toothpick.
:You can see in the second picture that she is missing three of the toes on her right foot as well.
:

:
:
::
:I wish now that I had of taken close up shots of her feet, so I could have picture record of how far things are coming along!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Skink Forum ]