kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Pink tongue questions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Skink Forum ]

Posted by J-Cal on May 05, 2003 at 22:24:51:

I've had really good luck with my pink tongues until just now...i've had them since late 2002 (they were babies) and they have grown and flourished. I house them together in a 40 xtra tall with a misting system and feed them everyday 2+ snails and rarely dog food or chicken or worms. The past 2 weeks I've noticed competition around the food plate when there is certainly enough for both of them. this does not happen at every feeding, but typically my "female" drives the male off nutil she gets a mouthful, then he goes and gets his. He seems to be a little lighter on the weight size than the female so im going to seperate them. heres the question, despite what seems to be hemipenal buldging on the sides directly behind the hind legs is it possible/likely that I do not actually have a pair or do you think its just simple squabbling and I should seperate them until breeding time in a few years? Anyone else had any experience with them? I thought I was doing very well with them, and they still are very active, have nice weight and appear heathly. I just fear this new activity.
tks Justin

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Skink Forum ]