I've got a pair of Mandarins coming too from California and am also on the East Coast. I talked to the breeder and we agreed not to ship unless it the lows got to be above 40. I don't want to take a risk of losing a couple of expensive snakes because I couldn't wait to get them home. Hatchlings can be delicate. So I may be waiting awhile, but it will save me the stress of worrying that my investment will arrive chilled and ill.