kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: I need some input on this one from everyone

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Shipping Forum ]

Posted by Steve g on October 20, 2002 at 22:42:50:

In Reply to: I need some input on this one from everyone posted by richierich2069 on October 19, 2002 at 16:44:36:

:OK I am in a situation where I don’t know what to do ... I have been breeding snakes for about 6 years now and have been shipping out all different reptiles & amphibians of all types and sizes for about 4 years and not once have I ever had a problem where I need to give a refund ... So getting to my situation, I sent out a snake this past Wednesday 10/16/02 for over night delivery to Court Glenville, WV . On Thursday 10/17/02 (day of expected delivery) I received an e-mail from the person who was receiving the snake saying it has not arrived to its destination as of 7:30 that night. So I proceeded to call the carrier and they stated that there was no over night deliver for that area it would arrive at the destination on Friday 10/18/02 (no big deal it was sent with 2 36 hour heat packs). Around 2:30 today I got a phone call from the carrier stating that they didn’t know how to get to the location of delivery. So, I e-mail the recipient of the snake and explained that they would need to call into the carrier to give them directions, due to not receiving the e-mail until later or not calling in until later, the delivery had to be post pond till Monday 10/21/02. The receiver sent it back to me knowing that it would not be back to me till Monday 10/21/02 and did not e-mail me to schedule for Saturday delivery. I received an e-mail later on Friday 10/18/02 from the purchaser asking for a full refund, due to also stating that I put the wrong address on the shipping label and that is what the problem was with the shipping. I know I did not put the address wrong on address label and to prove it to the receiver that I did not. So I copied and pasted the invoices of payment through pay-pal where the receiver provided there address for shipping and you can plainly see that it had no apartment # on it. So now I don’t know what to do with placing a refund, how much if any? Who is at fault? What if the snake dies? I need some input on this matter, because I never have been in this situation before … Thanks In Advance … Rich

Rich, it looks to me that the buyer dropped the ball by giving you an incomplete address. If the customer is now refusing delivery, I would try to get the animal back, and negotiate a refund. To avoid this very situation that happened to you, I ALWAYS RE-VERIFY shipping info before any shipment is made. This includes info that the buyer himself gives me, much less a payment service like Pay-Pal. Furthermore, I always get confirmation that someone will be there to accept delivery. To have an animal perish due to a typo or oversight on shipping info, is simply unforgiveable. Hope you can work things out with your customer..................Steve G.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Shipping Forum ]