kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: PACKAGING Baby Bearded Dragons???ALL INFO is GREATLY NEEDED!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Shipping Forum ]

Posted by Dana on April 16, 2002 at 12:58:54:

In Reply to: PACKAGING Baby Bearded Dragons???ALL INFO is GREATLY NEEDED! posted by Jeff on April 14, 2002 at 22:56:04:

i wouldnt sell and much less ship any dragon that is under a month old. most breeders raise dragons for at least 6 weeks before selling and shipping--this way they have a good start, are of adequate size, well fed (babies need to be fed at least 3x per day), supplemented, and are monitored for health. only then should you consider shipping the healthy ones--just two weeks doesnt give you enough time to monitor and know you have healthy babies--remember, a lot of these dragons will go to people with little experience, tossing a 2 week old dragon that needs constant food and attention onto them is often a death sentence. (this is why it is not so easy to make a buck in this biz, lol--baby dragons take tons of time and food!!!!).

shipping: pack each dragon individually in a deli cup--large enough for them to turn around, but not so big so they would get tossed around. pack deli cups well in crumpled paper or packing materials. this goes inside a styrofoam cooler or cut styrofoam insulation. use heat packs as needed--only buy 48 hr heat like unisource--you get these at a reptile supply place--dont use cheapie foot warmers from walmart--they do not last. poke a couple holes for air (they really dont need much). all of this fits tightly into a cardboard box. label the box well on all sides and ship overnight.
hope this helps.
dana

: Hi!Well,my Bearded Dragons are all starting to "Fire" up those Hormones,and get to Mating,and they have already started!Matter a fact,the first clutch of the season just hatched last week!So,in about two weeks of me raising these little hatchlings,they will be ready to be sold to Individuals accross the U.S.A!So,heres MY PROBLEM,I have never shipped an animal before!????I have always been skeptical about shipping,but,now I think I should "give it a whirl".So the simple question I ask you all is to PLEASE tell me how to Safely Package,and Ship a Bearded Dragon????YOU dont know how much I appreciate all INFO...!!!!

: THANKS,JEFF

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Shipping Forum ]