Re: Reputable place in San Diego to buy first reptile/supplies?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The SDHS Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fred A(AZTEC REPTILES) on August 22, 2000 at 19:42:56:

In Reply to: Reputable place in San Diego to buy first reptile/supplies? posted by Bridget on August 21, 2000 at 19:38:36:

: I love reptiles, but I've never owned one. I've decided that my
: first will be a lizard (max size 24 inches). I've been doing lots
: of reading on the care, housing requirements, food, etc. of
: different kinds, but would like to observe some live lizards
: (especially full grown adults) before deciding which one to buy.
: My questions are:
: 1. Where can I go to see different lizards on display (shops or
: breeder locations)?
: 2. Does anyone have suggestions for reputable shops and breeders
: to buy necessary supplies, including caging, lamps, food, etc.?

: By the way, I live in San Diego. Thanks for your help.

: -Bridget

Bridgett,
If you want to buy a Lizard, your best and only bet is to purchase directly from the person who bred the parents. This way you can go see how the lizards are being kept, look at the color and size of the parents, and talk to someone that really KNOWS the animal. I breed snakes, so I cant even come close to helping you. However my partner and friend Ed Arana breeds ONLY BEARDED DRAGONS, Because he specializes , he tends to take really good care of his breeding stock and their babies. His number is (619) 470-8573.
I think you will like his set up and animals. you make the call. Bearded dragons are the best lizard for a pet, mellow , dont bite and feed readily, they also grow readily. My second choice would be leopard geckos, I know several people that bred them. E-mail me at FA!9@excite and I will send you their names. Give Ed a call .
Take your time to make the purchase and buy from a breeder if you can, and be critical of how they maintain them look for clean cages, and prices that arent real low.

good luck
Fred
(AZTEC REPTILES)

P.S. Ed is in san Diego.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title: